Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Walking with gratitude

On my walk this morning I got to thinking how nice it is to live in our neighborhood.  I thank God every day for providing us our home, but the neighborhood I take for granted.  I grew up on a highway (38) and then when John and I married we moved into a house(in a not so great area) on what may as well be a highway (E St.).  Now to  live in an area where I may see 5 cars drive past me on my entire walk is a miracle! And I don't even want to mention the fact that I use to carry pepper spray and my cell phone every single time I walked in the old neighborhood and still had the occasional dog attack or strange man wandering the streets. On my walks here, people actually say hello-and mean it- if you pass them on the street. I was always worried before now I am grateful.  God is good and He continually reminds me of reasons to be grateful for the blessings we have. Praise Him for the things He has done in your life, Give thanks with a grateful heart, for He is good and His mercies are never ceasing.  

7 just gotta say::

JamieB said...

this made me get chills...

Stacy Y said...

good girl on the walk... I went walking today too.. around Ikea.. then finished my day with a cinnnamon roll..hehe :-)

Christy said...

Thanks for the reminder to be greatful. We are SO blessed. :)

Kindra said...

I got teary eyed reading this. I know how much that house means to you and I am blessed as well that that is where your kids will grow up. Couldn't be more thrilled for you, my friend. :)

brandeew said...

Very excited to see you in a beautiful neighborhood. God is good even in the hood. Now you have to invite me over.

Jeff and Aimee said...

That's beautiful, Jo.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I know exactly how you feel.
I am so grateful for beautiful Yucapia and walking in a peaceful neighbor hood. We lived on 38 for 13 years.

Kim