Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seth's Bee Sting

Our youngest "sweet darling" was stung by a bee today. Micah and I were sitting at the kitchen table doing School. Seth came in minding his own "beesness" when all of a sudden he starts screaming and crying "my foot ouch ouch ouch". I usually take a minute to take him seriously, because he tends to be vocal for no apparent reason, but once I do, looking down at the ground I see a bee crawling on the floor! That "stingin'" thing bit him on the bottom of the foot! I promptly stepped on the bee and Micah quickly put a paper towel over it as I yelled for Sarah to get the tweezers and Peroxide so we could clean up his foot. Once we got him situated Sarah was a terrific nurse helping him and babying him for the next hour or so. The patient is now taking his injury only the way only Seth could;) and my Back aches from carrying him all over town( it hurts to put a shoe on his ouwie).

6 just gotta say::

Anonymous said...

Poor Seth, that hurts. Give him a big XOXO from Gamma. I love you Sethie and what a good big sissy your are Sarah. Gamma

Heather Hekman said...

Glad you got it taken care of so quickly and that you had great help. Jenelle got a bee sting on the bottom of her toe last summer and cried for a 1/2 hour! It's so sad.

April said...

i stepped on a bee once and couldn't wear a shoe for 2 weeks. serious. it's a total bummer. lewis scheer was a tiny guy and very concerned about my foot...that's random memory.

JamieB said...

poor "bee-bee"! ;)

Sarah said...

Jamie--- I thought I was the comedian in the family? HAHAHAH

Kindra said...

Poor thing!! Hope all is better now!