Sunday, January 11, 2009

He's Gone

He left this morning. On route for Sacramento. 2 weeks. For him, it must be a bit of vacation. No kids, no nagging wife. Just get up and go to "work" which is training, day after day. Eating out,staying up late, watching ESPN, and not having to worry about anyone but yourself. The good old days.
As for me, it will be constant "Mom can you make me something to eat, or get me something to drink, Mom he hit me, Mom she looked at me, Mom can we watch, why do we have to go to bed, I don't want to take a shower, I don't want to read, Can I play my DS...... "day after day after day. As well as dishes, laundry, carpooling my 120mi I do almost every day, groceries, homeschooling, toilets, beds, the list goes on and on. Am I complaining? At least he has a job.

7 just gotta say::

Christy said...

true, I mean how blessed are we that our husbands have great stable jobs? But yes its hard being alond allot; I know! :)

Jeff and Aimee said...

Sorry, Jo. I'm sure John will be missing you, too. These next two weeks won't last forever. :)

Aimee

Heather Hekman said...

As God brings you to mind, I am certainly praying for you!

April said...

i think what you're trying to say is that you're going to miss him....?

Star Char said...

Woh! 2 weeks is a long time to be a "single mom." I'll be praying for you. Do you seriously do 120 mi of driving everyday? That's intense. Even though the 2 weeks sounds stressful, it reminds me of the Stephen Curtis Chapman song "Signs of Life." Your kids have such great senses of humor - I hope you will find joy, strength, and laughter amongst the stress!

Sarah said...

thanks char

Sarah said...

thanks char